gossamer blue :: february inspiration blog hop :: this is bliss


Good morning, all!  It's the 15th which means a new Gossamer Blue Inspiration Blog Hop.  I haven't been able to participate with a post in a few months, so I'm really excited to be back in!  I know the other gals will have some awesome projects to share today--they always do ;)  If you're here from Patricia's lovely blog, welcome!


I ended up making a lot of tags this month.  The Life Pages cards, which I often use my tag base, were so good and I got a bit carried away and made a whole bunch.  There might even be a couple of unfinished ones sitting on my desk, hoping for a free block of time so I might finish them!


I really wanted to make this tag bright and fun, with lots of happy words.  The orange stripes on the 'So this happened' card are just the kind of design I look for when choosing my tag elements.  There's a lot of white, with an interesting pattern, and a nonspecific phrase.  Being that they are likely intended to go in someone's pocket page album, certain phrases don't always work for cards and tags.  So I generally gravitate to the ones that are more generic; like this one. 



I adore this color combination--yellow, orange, mint, and silver.  The word 'BLISS' is from the Fancy Pants puffy sticker sheet and the shade of yellow is gorgeous!  I backed the silver glitter frame with swatches of white lace on top of metallic silver dotted fabric.  It's very similar to the technique I used on the mini card in yesterday's post, showcasing another of my February GB projects.  Doing that adds much-needed texture and keeps the eye moving.


I used a full sheet of silver foil Heidi Swapp stickers as part of my layers.  After seeing Kathleen Graumuller expertly do this back in August, I fell in love with the idea, but this is the first time I've done it.  (*Kathleen was inspired by Chantal Philippe -- Thanks for the fantastic idea, Chantal!)


I chose another tip-top LP card to begin my second tag.  This card had no sentiment, just great colors and lines.  I used more lace and the same polka dot fabric, but added a web of messy mint thread before I adhered the wood "HELLO" to the lace.



A couple of easy extra details like the bow and the tiny white puffy triangle stickers completed the tag.  To match the first tag, I used the lighter mint metal clip; it's a near-perfect match to the aqua-mint on the card.



Thanks for coming by on what I hope is a blissful Monday for you...Sandra Dietrich is your next stop and I know you won't be disappointed there!  You can still find a few kits left so check out the GB store soon, before they sell out!  Better yet, start a subscription if you haven't already.

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca